Monday, January 24, 2011

Track Me!

So the big day is coming up this Sunday!
I am so excited to complete my second full marathon.
I would love to see all of your lovely faces on race day but if you aren't able to make it
the marathon committee has a great function that allows you to receive
my updates on your phone (like a text message) as I pass each marker:
http://alerts.houstonmarathon.com/2011/cf/RegAthleteAlert/pg_AthleteAlert.cfm?mode=entry&snap=66450297&
My bib number is 9573 and that is all you should need to enter on the site
after you set up a log in to get the texts.
Since I am slower than "molasses in January"
do not be surprised if you are getting updates 5 hours after the start time.
My goal is to finish before the street sweepers come out!
Thank you all for your support these past 27 weeks of training; it's been fun!

1 comment:

  1. oh how I ♥ your face ~:)
    "Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"

    "The race is not won by the swift nor the strong, but by those who endure to the end"

    "What counts in a battle is what you do once the pain sets in."

    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."
    ALL THE WAY, Fuzzy girl!
    You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete