Thursday, December 9, 2010

Night Light

Charlie and I started this couples' devotional from Focus on the Family ministry
this Sunday and have enjoyed reading the sweet stories each night.
The book contains six months of daily devotions written from the Dobsons' 40 years of marriage experience.
Each week begins with a story addressing a life theme (communication, money, forgiveness, etc.) and then that weeks’ reads takes us deeper into that topic.  I had been feeling us falling into a bit of spiritual laziness lately.  Not in the church sense, we always manage to get to church even when we aren’t in Houston but I was missing that day-to-day connection.
When we took a bunch of books to Half Price this weekend I started to drop the Night Light book into the box to sell and Charlie scooped it out, asking what it was.  I told him I had bought us each a copy to read when we were apart from each other but never felt like it was the right time to start.  He surprised me by suggesting we start that day.  It’s funny how prayers somehow seem to be answered when you weren’t even expecting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment