Thursday, December 23, 2010

Life Lessons from Elf

(Mr. Tobis in his holiday collar)
Lesson #1: Spread cheer (Christmas and otherwise).   
“The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”
Lesson #2: Make smiling your favorite. 
“I just like to smile! Smiling’s my favorite.”
Lesson #3: Be yourself, even when it’s hard to know who you are
“Actually, I’m a human, but I was raised by elves.”
Lesson #4: Give out compliments freely.
“Deb, you have such a pretty face. You should be on a Christmas card!” 
Lesson #5: Take risks.
“Papa says my real father lives in a magical place far away… but the thing is, I’ve never left the North Pole.”
Lesson #6: Don’t give up.
“I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel.”
Lesson #7: Speak your mind.
“If you can sing alone, you can sing in front of other people. There’s no difference.”
Lesson #8: Let life excite you. 
“Good news! I saw a dog today!”
Lesson #9: Show affection. 
“Does somebody need a hug?”
Lesson #10: Do what you love. 
“First we’ll make snow angels for a two hours, then we’ll go ice skating, then we’ll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse cookie dough as fast as we can, and then we’ll snuggle.”
(Cat and I lovin' on our fur babies!)

1 comment:

  1. "Elves are wonderful. They provoke wonder.
    Elves are marvelous. They cause marvels.
    Elves are fantastic. They create fantasies.
    Elves are glamorous. They project glamour.
    Elves are enchanting. They weave enchantment.

    My personal elf is called Fuzzy ~:)
    love you lots & lots,
    Mamma

    ReplyDelete