Wednesday, August 10, 2011

what i'm readin' now

Untitled
"I had heard how good Room by Emma Donoghue was, but sort of dismissed it as tawdry, torn from the headlines pop fiction. I love that in a good Law & Order: SVU episode, but was unsure how I felt about it in literature. Not wanting to fully commit to owning it, I checked it out from the library... and (this always happens with library books) I CANNOT put it down and have been recommending it to everyone I talk to. Wow. The narrator is five year old Jack, who's entire world is contained in the one room in which he was born while being kept captive with his young mother. Reading this was deeply disturbing at some points, but ultimately heroic- I thought, 'Well, if this ever happens to me, now I know what to do to survive.' Hello, Jaycee Dugard. Your memoir is next."
{Happy Reading!}

I echo her sentiments

No comments:

Post a Comment