Thursday, August 25, 2011

flurs!

i looked up from my desk and saw someone walking in with a
huge boquet of flowers...
thinking it was a guest, i asked,
"may i help you sir?"
to my surprise, charlie's face peeked out
from behind the arrangment.
...sigh...
these special days are so fun and romantic.
I got compliments and different comments on the flowers all day long.
On comment in particular stuck out to me.
The lady said,
"i hope every day is this happy for you."
it's funny how most days in married life are just run-of-the-mill,
filled with hello/good-bye kisses, late night dinners and the ocassional movie.
Things aren't perfect all of the time.
Every day isn't a completely happy one.
There have been lots of apologies and tears over the past 4 years.
What is our marriage? 
It’s playing mancala in airports
Holding hands in church on Sundays.
It’s laughing at parts of a movie nobody else thinks are funny. 
It’s burnt dinner (which he would never complain about)
and
clean laundry (which most likely, he did).
It’s telling the truth, even when it hurts.
It’s Charlie and Kristin, and it’s good.

1 comment:

  1. For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.
    Judy Garland

    ! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !
    ! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !
    ! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !
    ! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !
    love y'all ~ Mamma 25/August/2011

    ReplyDelete