Monday, March 5, 2012

a whopper!

So today I went to my second appointment with the midwives at St. Luke's.
I took my glucose test to see if I have gestational diabetes and to double check for anemia.
Also, on the list of discoveries...I have gained 6 lbs IN A MONTH!!
WHAT THE HEY!
That's --almost-- as much as I've gained the entire first 6 months.
After a few checks, I finally came to grips with the fact that I have gained 15lbs on my 5' frame.
When the midwife asked me,
in not so many words,
"what in the world have you been eating..."
I simply replied...
"well, you see.  we went on vacation and i've been getting over a killer cold."
She smiled and said she didn't need to hear any more
'nuff said.
Between enjoying myself on our California trip
and not being able to work out as well as I usually do,
given the cold, I managed to nearly double my pregnancy weight gain.
YIKES!!
So who hit the gym in a slightly more than serious manner this evening...your's truly.
Of course I'm not trying to loose weight, per say, just maintain.
The midwive, Theodora, said that Bebe Lloyd is head down and the pefect size for his age.
Looks like our little one is gearin' up to be born!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THEODORA! Keep truckin' little mama! It's all baby!

    ReplyDelete